Terms and Conditions
* We require a £40 deposit as confirmation of your order placed. This secures your date for our services and hiring china. This deposit is non refundable if you cancel.
* The balance is payable no later than 14 days prior to the date of hire. We accept cash, bank transfer, paypal or cheque.
* A separate refundable damage deposit of £50 to £200 (depending on amount hired) is payable when we deliver the china and is returned to you on collection and once the china is checked over.
* Cancellation will be 100% of hire costs if cancelled within this 14 day period or 50% of hire costs if cancelled within a 30 day period.
* Requests for additional items added to the order once the final balance is paid will be accommodated where possible but it cannot be guaranteed that they will be available. Payment for these items is due upon receipt of delivery.
* We regret that the order cost may not be reduced after final payment.
* Hire period covers up to 3 days. Prices quoted are for this period only. However, we can be flexible and will aim to work with you.
* Delivery and collection is charged at 50 pence per mile each way from Edinburgh West End. For example delivery and collection 20 miles from Edinburgh West End would be £20.
* During the hire period breakages or loss of any item is the full responsibility of the hirer until received and checked by Josephine’s Chocolate. Hirers will be notified within 48 hours of recorded loss or damage and the charge that applies. At which time the damage deposit will be returned, minus any damage costs if incurred.
* Items will be in good vintage condition with no chips or cracks, although due to the nature and age of the items, patterns and gilt can be expected to show signs of wear.
* Requests for specific items and colour themes will be met where possible.
* Goods for collection must be repacked safely in their original packaging and if washing up is required we ask that the items are carefully wiped and that sugar bowls and teapots are thoroughly emptied.
* If washing the crockery yourselves you agree not to use a dish washer.
* Washing up fee will be added if china is to be returned dirty. This will be charged at 15% of the hire cost.
* Breakages don’t happen very often thankfully but if they do, don’t worry!
* Breakages and/or loss will be charged for (we will be glad to give you a full breakdown of fees on request).
* Prices quoted at time of booking and upon receipt of the deposit will be honoured for the date of the event.
* Josephine’s Chocolate takes no responsibility in the event of any injury to any party through breakage of any equipment or any other accident during the hire period.